Thread: New to me 940
View Single Post
Old Jul 27th, 2020, 13:37   #7
sam1

Thanks everyone for your very helpful responses!!

I have made a big order for parts so I can make this tank ultra reliable and last a long time.
-castrol engine oil
-mahle oil filter with valve
-ngk spark plugs
-bosch ht leads
-bosch coil
-coolant
-gearbox oil as per manual atf type F (i was skeptical but if it makes it worse can always change it for some gl4 75w oil)
-diff oil gl5 80/90w
-mahle fuel filter
-in-tank pump (VALEO)
-high pressure pump (PIERBURG)
-mahle air filter

need to source distributor cap and rotor arm.

360beast - i may take you up on that headliner sometime, where are you based? i have pulled the fuse and put it back and the light is OFF! so ill do all my bits and then see what error codes i get. i've ordered MAHLE filters and checked that it does have pressure valve in it. I've ordered both fuel pumps as I need this bus to be reliable and I don't know its history. Ill keep the old ones as spares as they do 'work'..!

Ian-upon inspection cambelt looks recent along with waterpump so i will not do these just yet but thanks for the heads up. looks like a much easier job than the D5 engine i did a while ago!

Lairdscoob - i have ordered NGK plugs and BOSCH leads (could not get bougicord at the local (BMG leatherhead)) but i am sure bosch will be decent too. they could not source they cap and arm so i will have to order this seperately. fault finding guide very helpful - will get all my service work done and then go for a spin see how we get on. picture of speedo, diff and engine attached!

griston - yea the exhaust looks pants i will probably have to replace most of it.

tony-i am hoping my service work will get it going sweet and then i can fault find and work out which sensors are up the creek. have ordered both fuel pumps for extra fun!

will update when i can. should have all the parts in a couple of days, will be working on the car friday.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Doc1.pdf (369.0 KB, 15 views)

Current - '22 XC40 Recharge.
Past - '86 240, '94 940, '07 V70, '91 940, '12 XC70, '06 S80 V8
sam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sam1 For This Useful Post: