View Single Post
Old Aug 30th, 2017, 22:10   #5
100K+
Premier Member

I changed my oils on my 2004 AWD v70 R several years back. IIRC there is no recommended mileage to change the oil in the components you describe. Its like the Auto gear box - Volvo says sealed for life, except prudence says its not.
All the components I refilled were filled to the point where oil began to seep out of the filler hole with the car on a level surface, except the Haldex unit from which I removed 100ml after the seepage had stopped. I did this after reading on the Web about issues with pressure and that removal of that amount of oil solved the issue.
Since changing my oils as described above the car has run fine. I used Volvo branded oils.
I smile about Volvo's attitude to the Haldex unit. Audi/VW ( who used basically the same unit ) recommended oil/filter changes every 10/20K. Call me a cynic, but perhaps because the Volvo requires the exhaust & prop to be removed @ n hours x £100/hr labour, to gain access to the filter. Its simpler to say sealed its for life lol

That said I've read a article about changing the Haldex filter without removing the exhaust and prop - use of a cut down allen key and 1/4" drivers. The Haldex pump however is a 100% deffo prop/exhaust off job.
Cheers

Bob

Last edited by 100K+; Aug 30th, 2017 at 22:12.
100K+ is offline   Reply With Quote