Thread: D5 (D5244T to 2005) - MTE remap
View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2016, 14:25   #29
skyship007
Premier Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladS60d5 View Post
Had my '06 Euro 4 D5 mapped at a Rica approved agent. ..... WOW !!! Don't think about it just do it ! Now running 241bhp and 510nm it's a beast ! Might be worth noting that I have a contingency savings account (£550) for the inevitable DMF, clutch and cylinder replacement (when it happens, not if) lol. I also had some pretty big problems with the swirl arm/flap and DPF codes. However the swirl repair kit that replaced the plastic ball connector with a metal pin cost £45 inc labour and he is having a full DPF removal and delete to cure that problem. The difference is night and day !!! No longer hanging on to the ST's and VXR's they are but a dot on the horizon
Removing the DPF is a breach of the MOT regs and will partially invalidate the insurance, unless they approve the extra hp AND the DPF delete.
Getting an approval for the extra hp is easy, but because removing the DPF is classed as a criminal act for use on a public road (OK for track use), I doubt if any insurer will approve it.

The Volvo was designed as a family car and although some models corner and handle well, they are too heavy to be a true sports car. The UK also has a 70 mph limit that makes tuning a bit of a joke, unless you just like wearing out tyres.

I try and get some Sunday morning WOT time in on the autobahn about once a month to burn the EGR and CAT clean, I've got an OEM 130hp mild MAP Mod that does not cost any extra on the insurance (A 150hp one sure does). It's not so unusual to get Porsches, Mercs or Beamers doing some biblical speeds and the last one that crashed looked more like a military jet accident.
Speed kills and always will do!

Everyone should DYOR (Do Your Own Research)

Last edited by skyship007; May 18th, 2016 at 14:35.
skyship007 is offline   Reply With Quote