View Single Post
Old Apr 14th, 2012, 11:36   #10
Andy the Aussie

Thanks for the comments guys,

Regarding my little lady- lets just say she knew what she was getting involved with from the start and is generally quite supportive - but now with the arrival of our little boy - her tolerance has taken a hit....

Anyway back to the "story of my estate"

So over a large, strong cup of Zoega's (Swedish coffee) I stood looking out the window of our one bedroom flat staring at the amazon on the borrowed trailer and her WTF question rolled around in my head, maybe she had a point !

I was literally making the plan in my head as I was verbally delivering it, with the pinnacle moment being the disclosure of the purchase of a second amazon that I'd already paid for which was sat in the scottish countryside.....

Bombshell seemed an appropriate word.....

The amazon saloon stayed where it was for about 48 hours ( parked in a residents only bay with a visitors permit on it ) While I figured out my movement plan to get the estate and saloon together at my shared workshop in Bedfordshire.

The one thing I knew was for sure - I was going to be travelling from London to Scotland with an empty car trailer and that seemed crazy, I posted on half a dozen different forums to offer a cheap transport option and bingo - I struck a deal with a guy in Glasgow that had bought a BMW 635csi on eBay that was in east London.

Right - off we go - road trip time.... I'll try keep this short.
I left work a couple of hours early on the Friday and fought my way through London with the amazon on the back and got to bedfordshire, dropped the saloon into its spot outside my unit, gunned it with empty trailer down to ilford to collect the 1800kg 635csi, a mate of mine caught the train out to there and met me at the yard where I was collecting the BMW, with that securely strapped to the trailer we set off up the m11 destination - Rochdale,manchester.

No my mate was not coming to give me a hand, we had spotted a cheap BMW 330d estate for sale that he wanted, so he convinced me to take him up 'on my way'

We got to Rochdale just after 10pm and test drove the beemer etc did a deal and bought the car, at midnight we fuelled both cars up and he abandoned me to head back to London, while I pushed on north in my 530d which has done a few miles..............

Cant beleive i missed the 'all the 2's kodak moment but 32mpg through the hills with that load on the back is respectable for an old girl, economical but not fast....

I pushed on to somewhere around Carlisle and somewhere around 3am before I pulled in for Some shut eye....

Some well earned sleep.....

Last edited by Andy the Aussie; Apr 14th, 2012 at 11:53.
Andy the Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote