View Single Post
Old Oct 16th, 2019, 06:14   #7
IronJaw

Thanks for the replies, I’m happy to be here. The Volvo is very different to the Jags I’ve driven for the last decade but I’m very happy with it. My V8 Jag was a lot faster than the Volvo, but it was very rare that I got to use any of that performance owing to traffic and speed restrictions everywhere. However saying that, once you’ve wound up the D5 she does pull up her skirts and run.

I have read about polestar upgrade, it’s something to think about. There are a number of options open to me though, such as independent remaps and tuning boxes. But before I start looking at things like that I need to prioritise getting other things done like a detachable tow bar and changing the fluids in the transmission, differentials and haldex.

What I really like about it is the ride, it’s so comfortable. Imperfections in the road are almost unnoticeable, it’s like being on a magic carpet. The seats are lovely too, I really appreciate the 3 stage heating and cooling functions. The Jag’s seat heater was thermostatically controlled, I found they didn’t get hot enough because body heat would be enough to open the thermostat.

I’m having the car detailed on Saturday, a full paint correction and protection treatment. I’m really looking forward to getting that completed.