View Single Post
Old Jun 3rd, 2019, 22:38   #2
Laney760
VOC Member

Just found this, I am going to give the main dealers a ring, this post was from 2017:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 827Roverman View Post
I'm sure I've read a recent post about obtaining replacement fobs, yes there are those for sale on eBay, but its a gamble, there are different serial numbers on the reverse side of the fobs when new, trouble is this soon wears off, and if you get the wrong one it will not programme in (hence the gamble) when I got my 940 almost two years ago it only came with one fob, after buying off eBay and not being able to programme them in I ended up contacting Rybrook Volvo, and after giving them the Vin number they got me a brand new one, that was about 18 month ago, £73.85 including postage, the used one's off eBay I put back on and sold them, my old original remote is no longer working so I have been using the new one from Rybrooks for some time now, so I have decided to buy another new one to have as spare, after contacting Rybrooks they dug out my previous invoice and have ordered me another new remote fob for about the same price, Yes they are not cheap, but my reason for this post is that they ARE available from main dealers if you give them your Vin number. David.

Current '96 945 2.3 lpt - Aurigas, tailgate spoiler, sports grille, lpg fuelled
Previous '88 764 TD, '92 945 TD, '88 745, '81 244 DL
Laney760 is offline   Reply With Quote