View Single Post
Old Mar 14th, 2016, 10:38   #3
Deman77
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giles11 View Post
I had a test drive in an Inscription yesterday and the HUD was not fully visible even on its lowest setting. I am 6 ft 4 and had the seat on the lowest setting. Has anyone else experienced this ? Seems a strange glitch. Never had any problem in an X5.

Thanks
6'2" and not using the lowest seat setting - I can see it fine and can move it both up and down a little and it is still visible (my wife is 5' and we have it on the same setting even though our seats settings are drastically different). I prefer it as high as I can so it's where I look when driving - I would prefer it a little higher. I also struggled to adjust during test drive - inexperienced sales guy. I think there are good few inches of height reserve there. It is possible that at 6'4" you have short legs and upper body of 7 footer and hence it maxes out. If you are an average proportions it should work for your height unless you have very odd seat preferences. I suggest you try again. Make sure you pay attention to ALL seat settings first (we often rush through seat settings not bothering with inclines just height and reach - make yourself fully comfortable and the then see if HUD would move match. Lots of tall Americans on swedespeed forum and I don't recall anyone complaining about HUD visibility (though they do often prefer heated screen - they get no fuel heater option there).

Last edited by Deman77; Mar 14th, 2016 at 10:40. Reason: Undo auto-corrects
Deman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Deman77 For This Useful Post: