View Single Post
Old Dec 20th, 2005, 18:45   #12
ollieoxford

I can't vouch 100% whether the ETM that initially failed for me was original, but it went at 63K miles, and intermittently, which was murder trying to get the dealer who sold me the car to admit to the problem and actually fix it. The C70 had had 2 owners before me.

The second one failed 7000 miles later, in 9 months, I can only assume it was a reconditioned item and hence c**p. This was covered under the units 12 month warrenty, and this one didn't fail intermittently, from the ETS light going on to being effectively imobile in limp-mode was 12 hours. I think there must have been a software update as well hence the instantaneous limp-home mode.

I'm waiting to pick my C70 up now, my local dealer is arguing with Volvo UK and the original dealer in Warwickshire about who is actually going to pay for the replacement ETM! I can only hope in future for one of 2 things a) if it fails again its within 12 months, b) in the next 12 months Volvo UK owns up to the problem. I will continue to pursue this to try and get some resolution, since I don't actually want to get rid of the car since when its working its brilliant.

The original throttle cable in my 940 is now 140K miles and pretty reliable.... why did they have to change it?

Ollie

C70 T(rouble)5
940 LPT