View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2019, 17:37   #2
pierremcalpine
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torbuck View Post
Hey all.

Have already had a bit of a read up and seen some good advice regarding correct bleed method but I am seeking more a diagnosis is possible by explaining my symptoms.

Long and short of it is the pedal as of today travels all the way down before any braking at all followed by a max 10% of yesterday’s brake pressure.

There was very little fluids in the reservoir so I topped it up today but apart didn’t I haven’t taken callipers off so not given air the chance to get in?

It’s my daily car so I’m gonna be outside until it’s fixed If I can be. Help please.
Well, that's problematic, isn't it?
First step would be to inspect all four calipers to make sure you don't have a leak. I recently had one on one of the rear calipers at the back of the handbrake assembly. Spotting the leak would be easy: just look for dampness. All four calipers should be totally dry. Then inspect the master cylinder to make sure no external leaks are visible.

Also inspect to make sure pads are still intact on all four calipers. This may require shining a flashlight in behind each caliper, etc.

I wonder if you let the fluid get so low that air got into the master cylinder?

It really doesn't take much air for you to experience degradation in pedal feel.

Need more info: had brake work been done recently? How old are pads and rotors?

Click here for my x40 and V70 P3 repair guides
pierremcalpine is offline   Reply With Quote