View Single Post
Old Jul 26th, 2017, 13:42   #1296
andrewpain

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJB View Post
Back in 2003 went to Inchcape in Norwich looking at buying an XC90 was dealt with by a girl who's only words were ''a year'' and when I asked about a test drive (with the demo car in show room) was told that it was not possible, Inchcape eventually lost the Volvo dealership.
Phoned Volvo UK and was put in touch with M R Kings at Halesworth who could not have been more accommodating and purchased a new XC90 delivered in 8 months.
Possibly got the bums rush from Inchcape as I was not in a suit and tie.
It is really a case of lack of regard for possible customers and lack of training of staff, management is the major problem with the Manager hidden in his glass box in the corner and is very unwilling to come out and face the world.
treatment by sales staff makes a HUGE difference, doesn't it?
People at Marshalls Volvo Cambridge could NOT have been more accommodating, helpful, informative or friendly. Of course I bought from them rather than the dealer half an hour away (Vs. an hour minimum...).