View Single Post
Old Nov 23rd, 2004, 12:03   #1
Daniel M
Inbetween Volvo's...

Default 440/460 Bodykit...

Hey Guys...

A touch of deja vu here! As many 400 owners probably know through the amount's of post's throughout this section, the front bumper spoiler/attachment that makes up the bodykit is a very rare and sought after piece of 'kit' (excuse the pun). As no-body seems to have any luck with finding a complete undamaged one, i have had an idea.

Dave Slater (of DBS) makes alot of mouldings for Volvo's, and he once said that if we could get a complete front valance in good nick, he could create a mould and run off a load for people interested. He didn't say how many people he would need to get a run of them, but i'm sure he wouldn't need too many.

So, here comes the idea. It was just something that popped into my head-i haven't asked him, i just want to see if this is a feasable idea and if so, how many people may be interested. So this doesn't mean that if you reply to this post you are a dead cert, and you are listed to go ahead, as i said, it's just to see if there's a market for it.

Volvo still sell the front spoiler for the 440. Last time i got a price for it, it was around £280. Thats alot of money for a piece of fibreglass. All it does is clip onto the old style front bumper-so for a facelifted shape like mine, i would still have to fit a Mk1 (1990 shape) 440 front bumper (which would fit, just a straight swap)...more money. So, as i cried myself to sleep, i though about this; If there were at least 10 people on here who were interested in the front spoiler, then we could club together, and with my 10% VOC discount, split the cost of one front spoiler 10 ways-this would work out to about £25 each. We could then send this front spoiler to Dave at DBS, and he could then make perfect moulds for the 10 of us who paid for the spoiler. I don't know how much he would charge for the mouldings each, but i know he is quite reasonable and if there were a large group of us, he could probably do us a deal as well.

Does that sound like a good idea or not? As i said, it's just an idea at the moment, but if enough people were interested, and dead cert. about being interested, i would then approach him and get more information.

As i said-this is not a commitment! Just testing the water to see if people are interested....

Let me know people....
Later,
Dan M

Oh, and for those unfamiliar with what the front spoiler looks like, click this link to see it on a Mk1 440...
http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/photopos...cat=511&page=1

And click this one to see it on a facelifted 460...
http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/photopos...cat=511&page=7
:: 440 2.0i SE, 1994, 306 Smoke Silver Metallic :: Sold
:: 440 1.7 GLEi, 1991, 219 Ocean Blue Metallic Metallic :: Sold
Daniel M is offline   Reply With Quote