View Single Post
Old Nov 2nd, 2019, 16:56   #3
mangobob

Smile D5252t 1998 2.5d

Hi Martin,thanks for your reply,I had been checking for info but didn’t see it.
Anyway,reason for asking is I am having starting issues.first start up of the day and the engine struggles to fire up.It is very lumpy,even if I put my foot on the pedal to Keep it going.A lot of blue smoke belches out but once up and running runs fine.I had a cam belt tensioner failure prior to this issue.This was sorted out and luckily the engine seems ok.It started up on the second turn.The same time the new cam belt/watepump kit was fitted I also had new camshaft seals fitted as I couldn’t stand the oil leaks any longer.I had the fuel pump timing done properly.I also replaced glow plugs,maf,map,boost valve,filters air and fuel.
Vacuum test found a leak on the valve connected to air intake hose.(not sure what this does,I can find no info on it).Ive covered most issues here but was trying to find out if maybe there was a camshaft position sensor as these cause timing problems.I know there is a crankshaft shaft sensor but I’m guessing this is ok as engine RPM’s are still showing.Engine starts ok once warmed up.
The power and mpg’s are ok too.
I was thinking if there was a crankshaft position sensor it may have been disturbed when the seals were changed.Before the camshaft tensioner failure the engine would start on first turn of key.Someone suggested it maybe a thermostat as it is mainly a cold start problem but the thing is the gauge in the car works?
Any other suggestions?
Thanks
Rob
mangobob is offline   Reply With Quote