Thread: V50 Engine 2.0D : - V50 engine strange fault/behaviour
View Single Post
Old Jul 24th, 2019, 00:39   #1
winther611

Default V50 engine strange fault/behaviour

Greetings from Denmark.

Can I pick your brains and perhaps make good use of your vast experience.

I have a volvo v50 2.0 diesel from the year 2005.

It has covered 200.000 miles, and has been running fine, until last week, where I was driving around 60 mph, and all of a sudden I noticed a lack of power.

I managed to drive a couple of miles to find a good place to park, all while the engine was slowly deecelerating. When I shut of the car and turned it back on again, it would only idle. When I was trying to drive, it would cut out completely. I tried to disconnect the battery, hopefully forcing the ECM to reset, or at least go in to limp mode. No succes. I got the car towed to my workshop, where I coupled up my vida dice- clone. It showed NO fault codes. I then tried to disconnect the hose coming from the intercooler, at the throttle body. Then the engine would idle, but when I connected the hose again, it will choke. Likewise, if I disconnect the vacuum tube going from the TCV-valve to the turbo, the engine will idle, but once reconnected, the engine will cut off. That has led me to believe at faulty turbo, or TCV valve, but they both checked out good. I also tried changing the cranckshaft sensor, with no succes. Do you guys have any ideas, as to what is wrong with my beloved Volvo?

Sincerely,

Søren Winther
winther611 is offline   Reply With Quote