View Single Post
Old Mar 19th, 2018, 10:20   #135
Army
marches on his stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by norustplease View Post
Not sure but mine has them too, so they must be standard.

Hmm OK - thanks - that´s a puzzler then as they don´t seem to be in the parts book

Quote:

My 544 is actually a 1964 with a B18, not sure why it has a '65 plate. It came into the UK in the 80's and lived in a Volvo main dealer's window for some time. I acquired it back in 2014. Always wanted one ever since I came across them in Denmark and Norway in the late 1980's.

They are growing on me too!

Quote:

I am about to pull the front suspension to pieces for an overhaul and have a stash of new springs, bushes, shock absorbers, etc. Her springs have settled a bit over the years and she sits a bit low on the driver's side when I am driving solo, especially with the road camber in the UK, although she goes like a rocket and handles quite passably too.
I´m sorry but I have to warn you - once you´ve done the front you´ll notice how much the rear needs to be done too...

...it is a very simple set up - but those combined threaded parts with end caps going into control arms and also threading onto ¨bolts¨ is a bit strange design choice - cross threading nightmare in the making if you ask me.

Where did you get your springs? I´ve measured mine and they seem to be in spec when uncompressed but the outer surfaces are pitted which kind of makes my chequebook itch (which isn´t a good thing)
1992 Mercedes 190E The car that works!
Army is offline   Reply With Quote