View Single Post
Old Feb 16th, 2019, 10:38   #609
harpgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army View Post
Indeed - I want a snazzy box in which I can hide the plastic connectors

I was thinking along the lines of some sort of branded automotive thing - such as an empty can of oil =>

Thing is I'd rather have a larger screw lid so I don't have to modify the tin too much. The plan would be to make a bracket and some form of strap to hold the box in position - I reckon it would be nice to see something that's automotive and has been reused...
I'm probably completely off track here but how about an old household bakelite fuse box as an enclosure? Right period, admitedly not automotive but you could incorporate a master cutoff switch where the master would be on the household box.
Shame fuse boxes are rectangular as if they were round I reckon an old Castrol grease tub would have been a good option giving you a screw top but being plastic so the threads don't corrode ust as you need to get in.
On my Defender seat box I installed a circular screw thread locker opening (similar to this, others are available, https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/162569648620?chn=ps) which you could install to any type of right sized container.
Apologies if this is just useless waffle. (Gets me closer to my 30 posts after spending time writing a PM today and finding I can't send it).
harpgirl is offline   Reply With Quote