Thread: Seriously?
View Single Post
Old Apr 27th, 2021, 11:28   #636
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
I don't know anything about the 262 Bertone, but I do know both cars have been on sale for a very long time (months).

I have no idea whether the asking price for either car is reasonable - my gut feeling is both are much too high, which is borne out by the time they have been for sale - although there is probably an absolutely tiny market for cars like this.
A very small market indeed for the 262C Alan, especially ones with the handlebars on the wrong side!

The expensive one will probably sell for that eventually because they are so rare and it has a good deal of provenance.

Not so sure about the USA import car though, it wants £3k+++ of respray to get it looking like it should, not sure if it's camera angle, light conditions or what but the vinyl roof looks excessively shiny, almost as if someone has sprayed a vinyl roof on it so will want that looking at too. Another grand or two. Unless someone is buying it specifically to go touring in Europe, the LHD is a drawback, it could be converted but then it wouldn't be original and many people don't like driving LHD in the UK for obvious reasons. There are also many who don't care and generally (from my experience) they are already paying over the odds for insurance due to many accidents.....................

The big drawback for me on both cars is the B27 engine, much more fragile than the later B280 engine not to mention rougher, thirstier and less powerful.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: