Thread: Seriously?
View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2021, 06:27   #691
Othen
Premier Member

Default Red car - no bids

I noticed this late 80s middling car didn't get an opening bid (the SP was £3,000):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-240...rdt=true&rt=nc

... it looked quite a nice car, and the chap had done some recommissioning work on it (new fuel tank, main fuel pump, fuel tank pump, referbed brake callipers, new discs n pads, front lower bottom ball joints, brake pipes, prop shaft, cambelt and water pump, engine service, new electric Ariel (sic), new rear springs, front brake disc guards, nice stereo) during the lockdown - but still no takers.

I think this is another indicator of the market and rather supports my view that many sellers think their later 240s are worth much more than they really are. I've revised my price guide down a bit in view of the Bude car and the one with the broken fuel gauge. Middling 1980s cars sell for £1,000 to £2,300.

It looks (to me) like the seller of this red car has spent a bit on the car recently and expects to recoup all of this costs on the sale. That hardly ever happens - it is still just a 30 year old car that is competing with Vauxhalls and Fords. I suppose we will see it again on eBay soon :-)

Last edited by Othen; May 9th, 2021 at 06:53. Reason: Spelling error.
Othen is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Othen For This Useful Post: