Thread: Seriously?
View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2021, 15:22   #704
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekilt View Post
A lot of good points above. Hense why that distance doesnt make sese for me, and the fact i want a sallon version! It all soon adds up adn then soem of the ones aroudn £1500-2000 with MOT and running nicely seem better value, especially if they are closer for collection.
That bears out my original point of £800 being a high starting price for one without an MoT, i think many people will view exactly as you have and decide it's not worth it.

To be fair, anything over 30-50 miles away with no MoT needs trailering if only for your own peace of mind, up to that distance, "You've just bought it and taking it for a pre-booked test then home after". If the question arises about it being a bit far from home, it didn't look that far on the map and you'd already committed to buy it.

Trailer hire last time i hired one (2013) was about £70 for the day. Factor in the time and fuel for collecting said vehicle etc and it begins to get impractical for anything over about 200 miles use (each way) in a single day so there's only a small window of opportunity.

As you particularly want a saloon, this one wouldn't be in the running for you but makes an interesting example of setting search limits etc when looking for another car.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: