Thread: Besides a Volvo
View Single Post
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 11:52   #2
ITSv40
VOC Member

I just have the daily V40, garage queen C70 and 'er indoors Mini Cooper. Until I sold it 2 years ago I did have a 1965 Silver Cloud III that I owned for 33 years and did 32,000mls in it. Always maintained by myself, but now find the three cars are sufficient to keep me amused.

When I sold the Rolls I put it on ebay at a fair price to sell. After about a week I had a call from a chappie in Bavaria who offered to pay the full asking price and would immediately transfer the money so long as I would deliver to Dunkirk. I explained I was uncomfortable selling the car without him seeing it first and offered to meet him at Birmingham Airport with the car and he could then decide on the purchase. If he decided to buy, I would then deliver to Dunkirk free of charge. He made some excuse that England at that time of year was too cold to travel to - October btw.

About a week later, I had a call from a chap in Suffolk - offered the asking price and would collect next Saturday - he also offered to transfer the money straight away, but could only do so in £10,000 tranches as that was his limit. After agreeing to the sale, he made the first transfer within a few minutes and after 7 or 8 transactions had made the full payment. He arrived to collect on time and was absolutely over the moon with the car - he said it was much, much, better than he expected, so all in all a very satisfactory ebay transaction.

He then phoned about a week later to say how delighted he was and wondered if I had any workshop manuals as I had done a lot of the servicing. I said I had a full set of original, immaculate manuals and wanted £500 for them - again a quick transfer and they were couriered the next day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00218.jpg (227.3 KB, 38 views)
ITSv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ITSv40 For This Useful Post: