View Single Post
Old Apr 4th, 2024, 12:57   #1100
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Existential Crisis View Post
My point was its unsurprising that pollution has risen as the city gets ever busier, but is it rising at a lower rate because of these zones? Common sense woukd suggest that it is rising at a much slower rate than when it was full of horrible, belching,
inneficient cars and trucks...or are you really claiming it woukd be better and cleaner without it? Of course figures will rise year on year, it's one of the busiest capitals in the world and getting busier. I can only imagine the stench, a few streets in our nearest city absolutely stink because of tall buildings, commercial properties, taxi ranks and bus stops. It is awful.
Its not rising at a lower rate. That video shows the figures when ULEZ was introduced in central London and then what the figures are now after the expansion... guess what? Its gone up. So ULEZ isn't actually doing anything. There's compliant cars (95% are "clean) according to Sadiq Khan, so why isn't it going down? Wasn't that the whole point of ULEZ, to lower the emissions?

95% of the cars going into London and the surrounding areas are compliant according to Sadiq Khan, yet emissions are rising. Maybe they need to look at the number of cars on the road, as opposed to charging people to drive cars that aren't compliant, but in the real scale of things don't make a bit of difference to emissions levels.

London underground is the problem, then let's not forget the airports. Not much point having a low emission zone across London and a jumbo jet taking off, which omits more emissions than goodness knows how many cars put together. No, I'm not saying stop the planes... I'm saying rethink the whole thing. Volume of cars is the issue and the underground is literally toxic (much worse than above ground). Maybe TFL could invest some of the £338 million they got from ULEZ into that instead.

Last edited by Kev0607; Apr 4th, 2024 at 13:12.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote