View Single Post
Old Aug 3rd, 2017, 23:01   #2
Derek UK
VOC Member

Looks good. You can probably pull the tube through the loops a bit more and complete the circle with the soldered end tucked into the loop. Having excess between the case and the heater valve means you have to tuck it away somewhere but don't make it too short or it will all have to come out again! I mentioned that there isn't a small relief notch for the tube so be careful. From the factory the matrix had a layer of foam abut it to reduce the amount of air that gets past the sides for a bit more efficiency. Yes it disintegrates over time as you probably found out. I had some 3mm scrim sponge and used that on my Amazon one. It wasn't a problem to get in. No idea about the grommet but you could probably adapt one or put a ring of sponge around it.
The 2 centre holes are for the screws that hold the sprung door clip. On my Amazon one the outer 2 have press in rubber bungs and the small one down the side just has a small self tapper in. The screw doesn't do anything at the moment but I might find a use for it after fitting. It's a short stubby one so just a blanker at the moment.
The plastic plug in the drain hose is the spreader I mentioned.
Nice pictures, thanks for posting them.
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote