View Single Post
Old Jun 13th, 2018, 22:28   #1
omc 47
VOC Member

Default Front crankshaft oilseal sqeak.......

Hi all,
I have a brain teaser and have decided to ask you Amazon die hards. I owned Amazons many years ago and done the obligatory fibre gear change etc and general maintenance but coming up to the present day this one has me wondering.
So......I've rebuilt my B18 engine on my latest aquisition and changed the oil seals to neoprene and done all the usual oil pump,shells,rings,bore glaze busting in fact you name I've done it to this engine that has not run for 27 years till I did the business.
So...... now last week I primed the oil galleries, got oil in the rocker shaft,left the valve adjustment on the loose side for now,set the timing and fired her up immediately.
She ran well and I kept the revs up around a 1000 plus for a few minutes then a sqeak developed,disconnected the water pump and dynamo belt...still had the squeak.
Put some oil behind the crank pulley and .....eureka no squeak. So connected w/pump etc and ran it for around 20 mins at around 1500 - 2000 revs to bed in the rings etc and all was fine. BUT trailered it to a show the weekend and moved it a couple of times this week on the workshop yard with intentions of now giving it a running in period and the sqeak is back...so....is it the neoprene seal not getting fed with oil or may be I'm worrying too much or perhaps it's partial front strip out to check my assembly, anyone any ideas it would be much appreciated cos' it's not one I've come across before.
omc 47 is offline   Reply With Quote