View Single Post
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 23:00   #4
Pete_c20

Aircon which is known to reduce your fuel economy has never been turned off in the car, so if it had of been, these figures would probably have been better.

At new on motorway, with 43L of LPG I usually got between about 250-260miles, with 270 miles absolute max (constant 70mph, one continuous trip, wind blowing the right way, wing mirrors folded in).
At new, non-motorway was usually 180-220miles from 43L of LPG.

NB. My tank capacity has reduced from new (see new thread) so LPG figures have changed in this next bit.
Before vapouriser diaphragm was fixed (it had gone all sticky and had began to disintegrate but hadn't actually pinholed) motorway and urban were not much different and on a bad day I'd get only about 100 miles to about 40L of LPG. But the car still ran fine.

After the vapouriser was fixed I get 270-290miles from about 40L of LPG on a motorway, and 160-190 miles urban.

The car has one code showing in the basic OBD2 readout and that is its longterm fuel trim being 5% rich, which I'm still figuring out, but could also explain its bias to better fuel economy on longer trips. I don't have a DICE ODB2 reader to see all its bits.
Pete_c20 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pete_c20 For This Useful Post: