View Single Post
Old Nov 11th, 2019, 10:17   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekilt View Post
Morning All,

I recently purchase a 2001 V70 T5, and loving it but it was only really intended to be a stop gap to get me around, before i buy a better condition car. Only got it for sub £1k, and needs a lot doing to it so im not keeping it long, just using it as a run about. But it has enticed me more to Volvo as the car i would want.

I have been keen on getting the V70R, as i love fast esates, however trauling through the forums i see that there are a lot of things that go wrong with them (Helix AWD, Active Suspension etc).

My question is, which one would be best to go for out of this list:

V70 T5 (i will get a better one to keep for good)
V70R
V50 T5 AWD

I would prefer AWD, but could comprimise with FWD if i really had to, and wanted it to be able to tune to be sub 6 sec 0-60 (hence why V70R was my first choice). I also dont want it to be above £320 tax bracket.

I can do a lot of work myself, bar engine stripdowns, so not fussed tackling most stuff however i only have ramps and axle stands so cant get the vehicle up too high to work on.

What is everyones views on the above selection and personal experiances?
you need the last of the T5 V70 form 2006 2.4 260 bhp just as fast as an R up to 100 as it has not got the extra weight of the AWD... This should give better fuel consumption too .