View Single Post
Old Sep 6th, 2018, 23:31   #26
Quacker
Premier Member

Mine was bought new in 1989 I think. Can't remember the brand. It was quite a long twin axle van and ideal when my daughter was a toddler. It had a bed area right across the very back, which we fitted a cot side to the alley to pen her in. She loved it.
Never had time to do it justice but had four or five years of occasional use out of it.
Sold it to a friend, with whom we're coincidentally having a weekend break at Malvern, starting tomorrow. In a hotel though. He had a BMW X5 at the time, with a removable tow bar. On his third outing, his wife had gone to run the London Marathon and he travelled later with the van. Within three miles of home, on the way there, the hitch fell off his car [must have not locked it properly] and the van hit a hedge and was written off.

We have never replaced it and stay in hotels since then, but his family has actually bought a reasonable size of self propelled thing, although they won't be using it this weekend. There's 20 of us going in total.