View Single Post
Old Jul 3rd, 2020, 17:20   #34
sbk1972

Well, I put the code scanner on. Seems there was no connection to my pump, removed the covers, pump is all rusty and clearly someone has been here before.

However.... Now Ive got a bigger issue....

When I then tried another go on the roof, put my key in the ignition and noticed the dashboard didnt light up apart from the orange engine light, and the wipers are on, all the time. Car wont start now. Remote fobs dont work, literally nothing works !! :-(

Has anyone had this before ? Car is completely dead, windows dont go up, nothing works apart from a flashing amber engine light and the wipers ??

Ive got a feel Ive blown the ecu. Where is the ECU located ? i suppose there are many so which ones are in the engine bay or foot wells ?

looking in the boot someone has been in here before. cable ties, clips missing, the rear lock cover has broken clips, so diffinately sins of the past here. The motor on the pump looks rusty, the foam around it is soaked so there's been a leak and I reckon the motor is frozen. I will try to remove it and test it with a 12v feed.

However, the roof is the least of my worries as the car is dead ! :-(

Any suggestions ? Anyone encountered this ? If the imobiliser is on would it cause this ? I would of thought that you still could switch the ignition on but when I put it on ignII nothing lights up.

Remember when I said how this car will be either a win or fail, starting to think fail lol

Simon
sbk1972 is offline   Reply With Quote