View Single Post
Old Jul 4th, 2020, 09:08   #36
sbk1972

Hi Bonefish, thanks for replying.

Well, as this thread is turning into an ownership experience I will keep regular updates for future owners that have the same issue.

Car back up and running Been doing some research about the CEM. Seems this litle devil gets all wet and needs a clean, circuit board level. So this morning I started to remove the battery and noticed that one of the connectors to positive was loose. I cleaned up all the connectors and reseated and boom the car came back to life. What confuses you is that you see wipers working and assume the battery is okay however there are a number of positive cables which feed different modules so if one of these isnt getting power then you get the issue I had.

So, if anyone else has this issue, car is dead but wipers are constantly going, ecu light is flashing, then check battery connectors for dirt and a clean connection. I was about to disconnect battery and remove the CEM, which looks an easy job, and this lead me to see the battary issue :-)

So, shes back up and running. Had tons of fault codes which Ive cleared. Just the roof, airbag and air quality sensor, which is in the front wheel well, to do.

Ive removed all the rear boot panels now, all dirty and mouldy and have pressure washed them, with the mats. THey are all drying now . Im going to check the connections from the CRM to the pump first. Been searching on ebay and pumps are 80-100. definately worth a play to see if I can get my old pump working first.

I will then be removing drivers door panel and checking connections on curtain air bay to see if I can sort this too. REading up either the door jam connector plays up or connection behind the door.

I will then get onto engine work. I plan to flush the gearbox, will do a little research on the fault I have, clunking when hot. It doesnt do it cold so Im hoping either low / crap fluid, or a sneak valve. I had a gearbox company nearby and for 120 they will flush and filter it.

Ive ordered new batts for the remote controls as niether now work. I wonder if I need to re-sync codes ? More research lol

Simon

Last edited by sbk1972; Jul 4th, 2020 at 09:13.
sbk1972 is offline   Reply With Quote