View Single Post
Old Apr 18th, 2019, 21:07   #2
Redskiies

unplugging the maf reverts the ecu to "safe mode", so it'll overfuel, but will usually run smoother, and the turbo should spool up nicely without hesitation as well...

can you please give a bit more information?
any more symptoms? rough idle, hissing sounds under the bay? oil level/oil change to see if its clean or mixed with coolant?
What I've noticed, that if there is no error code, sometimes the ecu doesn't registers one of the sensors, or it is purely mechanical.
I would still suggest to go around with a spray bottle around the air ducting, as it sounds either way like vacuum lines, throttle body or the engine is losing pressure... maybe a pressure test?
if it is not air related, then cleaning the injectors/fuel lines/fuel filter might be a good idea...

but it is poking in the dark right now with just this as information.

one thing you can do, start up the car, and smell the exhaust, if it runs lean or rich (if it runs rich with maf undone, then it should run okay with maf plugged in, so the fuel side should be ok)

also... I've read, that you disconnected the spark plugs... BUT did you check them? maybe new spark plugs? when ive bought my c70t5, the maf was dead, so when i replaced the maf, ive replaced the plugs as well, as they were RUSTED!!!

thats why we need a bit more of a description, as ive listed up any possible problem with the engine
edit: anything possible but the head gasket...

Last edited by Redskiies; Apr 18th, 2019 at 21:15.
Redskiies is offline   Reply With Quote