View Single Post
Old Apr 12th, 2019, 22:52   #12814
clarkey1984
Premier Member

I never got the brake swap done last weekend as the ground was wet, the t4 had 2 flat tyres and the jack wouldn't go under it anyway, plus the battery was dead, so with the sealey jump pack borrowed from work I awoke it from it's slumber this evening, if only to stick some air in the tyres and turn it round so the front end is on concrete so it can be jacked up, and things are a bit odd...

Last time I started the t4 it basically ran like ****e, huge misfires all over the place on idle, kind of like old cars where you forget to push the choke in or it has some mental camshaft in it, and utterly hopeless at actual movement, had to tease the revs up to over 2500 rpm before the thing would stop hesitating enough to even move 3 feet without it sounding like it was going to cut out, so imagine my surprise today when I jumped it, it fired up instantly and ran absolutely perfectly, 100 yards up the road normally, the 100 yards back with a heavy foot, with the full expectation of pops farts and no thanks, but nope, instant 18 psi of boost and torque steery joy, weird, but good haha