View Single Post
Old Apr 14th, 2019, 18:24   #12816
clarkey1984
Premier Member

Got the brake swap done yesterday afternoon, the brakes were initially crap but after a few sharp braking manoeuvres from 60 down to 20 they've bedded in nicely, pulls up nice and straight without a single shake or wobble anywhere, and how did the car repay me for this fine work you may ask? It broke down.

Started, spluttered, stopped, it did this a few times, then just turned over and over, so I disconnected the MAF and tried it again, ran, wouldn't rev properly, eventually died down and cut out, so plugged the MAF back in and the same again, but now the engine cooling fan is permanently on with the ignition off and the keys out, won't stop until I put the ignition back on again, hmm, well it can't be fuel related can it as the trip says 30 miles to go and the low fuel light isn't even on yet, wrong, was out of fuel, whacked a can full in and fired up right as rain, EML illuminated though so a trip to work to search and destroy the codes with the icarsoft thing they have, 2 codes relating to the MAF, 2 relating to cam position sensors and 2 I can't remember, all cleared, normality restored.