View Single Post
Old Jul 13th, 2019, 16:55   #42
gothamus

Default Size

Good tip about the descaler. I will use that and flush as adviced. I am sure I can find some trash in the leavings.

I have the original thermostat box. It lists the b18, b20 and b30 for engine type and the temp is 87C / 189F. Last night I drove on the highway in cooler dry weather. The temp is much improved and the worst may be a result of the heatwave.

As for oil pressure- I removed the valve on the flame trap and the pressure at idle dropped by half. To read 2.5 kg. Under highway speeds it was stable around 5, increasing a bit under acceleration or engine breaking. Idle is not unstable.
I’ll go without the valve then.

The symptoms I am watching now are how fouled the spark plugs become, as they have been getting dark so far but hard for me to tell if it’s oily deposits or from richness of fuel mix and heat. I will see how this is this afternoon. In past I pulled them for misfiring at start. I haven’t had that misfiring for a few days though.

I’m still hunting the final electrical short in system that causes tach to die when headlites come on. I finally removed or replaced wiring from engine to dash during build. I have a final string of mess under dash from previous owner I am diagramming before pulling. Difficult access and bad on my back.
gothamus is offline   Reply With Quote