View Single Post
Old Nov 8th, 2018, 22:19   #35
haymitch

Thanks for the suggestion. Marshall Volvo are the main place to get parts round here I think, but I don't what they're like to deal with.

I took the car for a 60 mile drive after I added the meths (during which the drive belt came off). I've not driven it since. It'll be a good test tomorrow morning whether the car starts or not. It seemed better the few times I started it in the evening when the spare belt was being fitted - not tested it in the cold yet though.

The garage didn't clear the codes as they weren't aware that the car has an odb port. Why do you ask? The garage said that they did manual tests to diagnose the sensor was the problem, but said they could only be so sure because they couldn't reader the codes. They recommended Kings of Witcham, an ex Volvo dealer nearby, that would still have the diagnostic equipment if I continue to have problems.

I've bought a code reader of loki_the_glt on this forum (which arrived after my visit to the garage), so I can also try to read the codes off this now. Currently looking for the codes on the FAQ pages!
haymitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to haymitch For This Useful Post: