View Single Post
Old Jun 7th, 2010, 11:06   #21
Audrey Old
VOC Member

An update on this car. Whilst at Sussex Volvo Spares this morning, getting my 164 back after having a new clutch fitted (luverly to be tight and responsive again!) I asked about the white 240, which is still parked in the same place. The boss there said he'd not had any enquiries about it, despite it being a decent car, so it will be scrapped if not sold in the next month.

I know it will need to be taxed and possibly MoT'd soon, but that happens to every car nowadays, so with a car having nil depreciation, how come its not been sold? With all this talk of financial problems increasing, where do people get the money from to buy rapidly devaluing new cars when cars like this are around.

I am tempted to do a swap with the garage, with my 240 former day-car which is now dry-stored after sweet little things (grrr) chucked stones into the windscreen last year, and cracked it. I was quoted £144 from RAC Windscreens for a replacement - sad but more economic to replace the car.

Come on folks - if coming down from north by train to Brighton I'll collect you at the station and take you to the car - can't be fairer than that.

Paul
Audrey Old is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Audrey Old For This Useful Post: