View Single Post
Old Jun 2nd, 2011, 20:30   #4
wooble
Stay gold baby!

I don't have any actual contacts, but even checking German ebay I can see you can get a pair of front Koni yellows for about 300 euros + post, which is a saving of about £150 on the pair. Bilsteins seem to be about 50 euros cheaper.

Konis are the better shocks out of the box, but if you deal with Bilstein direct they can shorten and revalve your shocks to your specs, which is probably a good idea if you're running that low.

If you lower the front that much, you'll also end up with your front roll centre below the level of the ground, which means increased body roll and reduced front-end grip. DVS in Australia and Kaplhenke in the US make spacers to go on the bottom of your strut tubes that address the problem, but they're not cheap.

You CAN just go lower if it's for looks, but you won't be helping the handling.

As far as my car sits - its lowered 40mm/1.5" on Lejofors/Kilen springs. The rear wheels are about 1" from the tops of the arches, the fronts 1.5". I have 4" of ground clearance on the downpipe and front crossmember. Remember due to the rear suspension setup, as you lower the car the axle will move backwards in the arches and to the right side of the car. if you're planning on running a 205 or wider tyre with a 3" drop, you'll probably get rubbing at the back unless you also fit an adjustable panhard rod and torque rods, or cut/weld the originals to shorten them.

Last edited by wooble; Jun 2nd, 2011 at 20:39.
wooble is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wooble For This Useful Post: