Thread: 440 immobiliser
View Single Post
Old Jan 5th, 2019, 18:07   #7
marcofshj

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraysr View Post
Hi, I have an N reg 440. The battery died (due to a loose battery connection I think) and I kept pressing unlock on the key fob to try to start it; not long afterwards the key fob became completely inoperative. That was 2 weeks ago. I tried a lot of things, sorned it and was about to phone the scrap man...but this is what finally worked:

Take out the "immobiliser" fuse - 7th from the right in the top row of fuses on my car. This allows the key to turn to position 3 and turn the starter, and operates the fuel pump (I could smell the petrol), but the engine won't fire. Disconnecting one or both plugs from the keyless entry module didn't work on my model.

To get the ignition to work, take out the glove box lining. Tucked in behind it, on the right hand side, is a long relay. Pull it off, and connect a wire across the two opposite terminals that are at right angles to each other. This effectively switches the relay on. And the engine started. I don't need the fob any more. But there is now no central locking.

Hope this helps.
Hi, I unplugged the immobiliser fuses which allowed the engine to turn over, but I can’t figure out the second part with the wire across the relay. Do you by any chance have any photos of the relay you’re talking about? Would really appreciate your help right now! Hoping that you still visit this forum...

Thanks
marcofshj is offline   Reply With Quote