View Single Post
Old Nov 4th, 2019, 07:05   #2247
Prav

Default Volvo xc60 egr issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty88 View Post
Hi all, first time posting.
I recently purchased a ‘new to me’ v60 d4 r-design that developed a check engine light that was P04D9 and had an engine performance reduced message displayed on the drive home. Unfortunately, I bought the car in Wigan and I live in the north of Scotland so it’s not the easiest to deal with the garage to sort the warranty. They allowed me to take it to a local garage who told me what I already knew about the check engine code being an egr fault but when they looked they said it appeared to be a brand new egr valve and there was a rusty pin on a multi-way plug so that was cleaned off and test drove with no fault. I took the car back and within 10 miles the light is back.
Anyone have any ideas?
Hello Scotty88,

Just saw your post about your Volvo egr issue. I recently bought one too, back in August and now having the check engine light on. I read the code and it is indeed the same code as yours. I bought mine from a private dealer. Did Volvo fix yours free of charge? Mine is out of warranty long time ago. I am thinking of complaining to Volvo hq and make a big fuss about it hoping that they will help. Could you please let me know what was your outcome with Volvo.

Thank you
Prav is offline   Reply With Quote