View Single Post
Old Feb 21st, 2020, 14:56   #15
Stalledvolvos90

[QUOTE=Laird Scooby;2601297]The head gasket won't caue your fuel gauge to jump around like a frog on a hotplate.

Lol! I know the coolant loss and fuel gauge are completely unrelated but it was stressful to have multiple things going on at once.
I have decided not to worry about fuel gauge because when I have the key at 2nd position the fuel gauge seems to give a accurate reading. I can live with its intermittent reading while driving.
If the pressure test didn’t force a pool of liquid I doubt I’ll find any drops on the ground but it can’t hurt to try again.
I decided before I resort to sealant I will get some test strips to 100% find coolant contamination. Until then I will just drive my other car.
I will look into engine swap or gasket repair and try and find the best option that suits me and my budget.
I still haven’t taken the timing cover off, I wonder if I’ll find coolant around the water pump. Probably would of leaked out of the timing belt cover though so it could be unlikely.
My girl loves the Volvo and she did say if your dog needed a $2000 operation you wouldn’t give up so don’t on the car... that’s a blessing so I’m pretty sure I won’t be getting in trouble for draining funds to keep the vo alive.
Stalledvolvos90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stalledvolvos90 For This Useful Post: