View Single Post
Old Feb 21st, 2020, 17:33   #17
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalledvolvos90 View Post
When it was pressure tested it did show a leak so that would mean even if the cap was faulty there has to be a non visable Leake elsewhere. Going to get some strips and report back. I’m struggling to find the other thread with similar non overheating issues so I’m going to keep reporting just incase it helps another’s person in the future.
At least you can get the strips down under, can't here!

Hope it isn't that, i obviously misread your previous report as no leaks found on the pressure test.

Could be a minor leak round the water pump especially as the car sat for a while before you bought it. Something in the back of my mind says there is a link pipe from the back of the engine that goes into the rear of the water pump and has an "O" ring on it - might be wrong and thinking of another engine though.

If i am right and that "O" ring is weeping because it got dry in the heat it might be worth adding something to the cooling system - not a sealant but something to help reviev the rubber seals in the system.
Can't for the life of me think what it is though, glycerine, gelatine or some else -ine!
If i remember, i'll let you know!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote