View Single Post
Old Aug 26th, 2015, 09:19   #1
aidy55

Default S40 serious headlight issue

Ok my 2009 volvo s40 failed the MOT for a low intensity driver side headlight dipped bulb. I took this to be an easy fix, changing the headlight bulb didn't work so left it with mechanic and returned the next day. He said he's not sure as he changed the bulb then the low intensity was on the passenger side headlight.

He spent a few hours with it but couldn't get it sorted, checked again in the morning and it was working. He said something about faulty controller

Got in to MOT quickly and had it passed but now its low intensity again, I'm just wondering if this is a common s40 fault. Has anyone experienced this before?

Taking care of a few niggles this week as I'm off, got the boot harness to attend to as getting boot open message but seen a great guide for that already. What would be a good quick setting glue to take care of this seal, as have a few like this. Ive got jb weld but that takes far too long to set and my hot glue gun would not be suitable as once hardened the glue really stands out....

Ive also just put back my boot trim pieces and the lock looks strange to me, is this the way its supposed to be, can't think what way the little spring was supposed to be or if its important..

I also in need of getting an R-Design custom sticker made to cover a small patch of missing paint, who could do this?

Im also on the lookout for a 2009 s40 wing mirror, if anyone can help then i will compensate you...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1128.jpg (165.6 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1382.jpg (232.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg boot.jpg (281.9 KB, 34 views)
aidy55 is offline   Reply With Quote