View Single Post
Old Sep 12th, 2009, 21:07   #5
Foringo

Thanks for your comments Guys...Went for the test drive today and was impressed. Seats were comfortable as expected and generally very good to drive...it was great to be able to sail over the speed humps rather than worry about the front spoiler. Not sure if the engine is that much noisier than my A4, but the D5 actually sounds quite sporting. Instrument dials looked a little dark to me as my A4's are back lit but I think I could get used to that. The compass in the mirror was annoying at first but didn't notice after a while (can this be switched off?). Geartronic appeared to change smoothly enough. I had a test drive in an Audi Q5 directly afterwards but it didn't appear as roomy, but it was very much more expensive for a similar spec and I don't think offered value for money compared with the XC60. Also looked at the XC90 but parking would be a pain and XC60 looked better to me. Now need to make a decision....spec would be a D5 AWD SE Premium with front & rear sensors, winter pack with xenons & negotiated that dealer throw in roof bars, Hi Performance Audio & 6 x CD. Laying bathroom floor tiles tomorrow but will need to make sure I can concentrate!
Foringo is offline   Reply With Quote