View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2019, 09:03   #12825
canis
Non Fragile

Well all these years I lusted after roof bars. I've been carrying an old bedsted around with me everywhere for the last ten years or so. I know it looks crap, but the utility is extraordinary. And if I'm gonna lug a spare wheel which i've never used, a bedsted which I DO use isn't really a problem. And it's so versatile! There's nothing I can't tie to it.

I now, finally, have roof bars. Nice flashy roof bars, smart and sleek and streamlined, they look stunning.

Yesterday I tried to actually tie something to them. Absolutely hopeless! There are no anchorages at all! There's absolutely nothing to prevent forwards and backwards movement, nothing to tie to. If there was a post in the middle it'd be something, but the V40 bars don't have a post. There's just no way to do it!

I did not feel comfortable driving that way. Those bitches are coming off, i'm going back to my bedsted again!

Form over function, as always. Utterly useless. Whoever thought up these things obviously never carried anything on their roof. All style and no practical use whatsoever.
canis is offline   Reply With Quote