View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2019, 18:16   #5
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by october37 View Post
You can fit the high discharge bulbs that are available as a plug and play option to your headlights, and this would make a big difference to them, but this could also cause problems with the MOT, as they are not legal unless original equipment on the car. Many owners do this, but remember to change them back before taking the car for its MOT test.

2008 V70se lux 2.4D Geartronic
I put the brighter halogen bulbs in. They're definitely better & the light appears to be white, as opposed to the yellow colour that they used to be. The full beams have Phillips H9 65v halogen bulbs, which is the same as what was in it originally in terms of wattage. However, the new bulbs I put in are blue, the old ones were clear. When the lights are on, they look similar to xenon with just a faint hint of blue & I think they look great.

The dipped beams were clear H11 bulbs. Like the H9's, the new bulbs I've put in (H11 halogen 75w) are blue, creating a xenon effect when they're on. Both sets of bulbs were plug and play.

I'm a little concerned after reading your post about whether these new bulbs I've fitted are okay for an MOT? They look fine and don't appear to be overpowering/dazzling. The original bulbs were no good in my opinion and the new ones are a massive improvement. The shop I got them from said loads of people buy them, as opposed to buying a full kit to upgrade to actual xenon.

Last edited by Kev0607; May 19th, 2019 at 18:22.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote