View Single Post
Old Nov 21st, 2020, 01:46   #1
Bashy
Aged Member

Default Starting issue still.

This is a little odd. It seems to have gotten worse, I think its the colder weather because during the summer it was much better after changing the plugs and fuel filter, anyway...

1, If i do not use the car for 2 or more days and its a cold morning, it wont start on the 1st turn of the key regardless of how many turnovers.
It will start on the 2nd turn of the key and 1st crank though, its instant.

2, as above 2 days or more without usage, if its mild, roughly about 10C+, it will start on about the 4/5th crank.

3, if I use the car the next morning after a shopping run (30miles all in) the morning before, starting is not an issue.

4, If i use the car in the morning, even just for the dog run (2miles all in at about 6am) the car is fine 2nd use of the day, even if its at say 2:30pm, cant say for later as i don't go out in the afternoons as a rule.

5, If i don't use the car for a few days but i do put it on charge, ie playing with Vida, it will start fine the next day.

The above is telling me it might be a power issue, could it be draining from somewhere? the issue seems to be after 2 or more days, but its not really any worse compared 2 days or 5 days
Could it be a lazy starter motor, is that a thing? lol

Very hard to run cranking tests with a voltmeter as its just me on me lonesome, being a hermit has its drawbacks
The Following User Says Thank You to Bashy For This Useful Post: