Thread: XC70 to XC90
View Single Post
Old Nov 23rd, 2020, 18:15   #5
milo80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannaton View Post
The P3 XC70 isn't a bad car - I've had one - but for me the Mk 1 XC90 was Volvo at its very best. There are some people that think the interior quality on the P3 XC70 was better than the XC90 but I think that's as much about the sheer acreage inside it. It's screwed together in ways that car manufacturers just can't afford to now.

I've got an XC60 now which is essentially a P3 XC70 on stilts - the only reason I've got it is a really like the Sensus system and a DAB radio which you couldn't get on the old XC90.. oh and the double blow D5....

Very true. I do like the XC70 and it's like everything I suppose, when I had the P2 V70 and was parked alongside a P3 XC70 one day I couldn't believe the size diffence and thought to myself, one day I'd like one of those,now that I have one even though I like it there's something appealing to me about the XC90's. I've always liked jeeps, and I've driven the XC90 and one thing I do remember well about it is there was a nice driving position in it. It drove more like a car than an SUV.
milo80 is offline   Reply With Quote