View Single Post
Old Sep 19th, 2014, 00:55   #1
940Graeme
Premier Member

Default End of Paper Tax Discs

Now you may not think this affects the disabled group.......but, as other discussions in "General" have shown, the end of paper tax discs showing "Disabled" tax class may well have an effect on parking charges in several areas of the UK.

I know that in Eastbourne, for example, there are Council car parks where Blue Badge holders have to pay for parking, unless there is also a Disabled tax disc displayed. In discussion in other areas on this forum it has also transpired that Cornwall and other Local Authorities also operate this system.

Some months ago I asked Eastbourne Council what they will do about this system when you don't have to display a disc any more. Well it took them 5 months to reply, but yesterday they did..........!!

I am pleased to report that the Council's decision is that ALL Disabled spaces will now be free to ALL Blue Badge holders regardless of the taxation class of the car.

I like to think that I had a hand in this decision, (I don't know, but I wonder if my initial enquiry made the council think - "ohhh heck, haven't thought about this yet...") It does look to me like someone has thought, "we don't know how to deal with this, so we'll just scrap the old system".

Who knows, but a good result.

Have a think about the policy's of your local councils and if similar, but not decided yet, perhaps let them know what Eastbourne has decided to do.........

Best Regards All
940Graeme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 940Graeme For This Useful Post: