View Single Post
Old Oct 4th, 2020, 17:35   #1
HankScorpio
Floppy member

Default Fluids replacement

Hi all.

I'm looking for people's opinions on which fluids to get for my 2006 V70R. It's had a couple of oil changes since I've had it, but I'm going to give it some extra love.

Brake fluid has already been changed, so I'm not too concerned about this. I also have oil sorted (8 litres of Castrol Edge arrives today).

I am looking at flushing the auto gearbox, so which fluid would you recommend. Manual says JWS 3309, but there are a few different makes.

I'm not sure when coolant was last changed, so while I'm getting covered in crap, I might as well do this too. Again, does anyone have any recommendations? I did debate going waterless, but going against my usual mantra of 'If it ain't broke, bugger around with it until it is' I think I'll just keep it traditional.

Be interested to hear thoughts on power steering fluid too, but this is down the list.

Finally, and at risk of opening a massive can of worms and starting a Coronovirus thread size debate, what are people's thoughts on using an oil that says a different manufacturer on the front? I've always thought that as long as it's the correct grade (e.g. 5W-30) and of decent quality (e.g. Castrol Edge), then it's not really an issue. Not saying that I got a good deal on Porsche oil of the correct grade
HankScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote