View Single Post
Old Sep 18th, 2002, 13:20   #7
tllewellin

Default RE: Motorbikes above the law?????????

A number of issues here I think, the first is that front facing cameras cannot "catch" bikers.

Now as a biker for over 17 years (starting in Guernsey, where you can ride a poweful motorbike on the road at age 15) I have to say that there are a fair number of "nutters" on bikes that endanger other road users by driving much to fast and without due consideration for other users (including other bikers). On the other hand there are many of us bikers ( mine have are (Cb400/4 and GPZ 750 Turbo) that drive well, and respect life and other road users.

In the bike community Volvo owners are frowned up as driving around in bullet proof boxes with out a care for bikers or any other road users, or if a woman in a Volvo estate, they are seen as permenantly distracted by bickering childern. As a Volvo owner and driver (480 and 960) I disagree with these stereotypes as well.

At the end of the day if anyone drives badly and endangers other users I hope they get nicked, having said that, if there is a stretch of open clear road with no other users or potential hazzards, who wont open up their car/bike and let loose a bit.

Tim:9