View Single Post
Old Mar 20th, 2020, 11:59   #61
827Roverman
VOC Member

Wink Heater control valve work in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by 827Roverman View Post
My old heater valve was leaking due to the same as above, deformed hose tubes due to someone overtightening the hoses, I was lucky and got a new one off a club member, but I saved my old one simply because my mechanic told me the valve itself was not leaking, my leaks were coming from the hoses, so one of these days I'll get round to trying to do something with it, I'm thinking along the lines of warming up the plastic hose tubes and inserting a piece of 15mm copper pipe as a liner, if it works I'll then have a spare, I tested it by holding it under water, blowing down the hose tubes, blocking off one end, it showed no signs of leaking, David.
Further to my last post, I've now done a bit of work on it, has you can see the hose tubes were badly deformed (oval) due to hoses being over tightened, I've now had a go at doing something with it, only part done one side yet, I gently warmed the plastic hose tube over the gas cooker, then inserted a section of 12mm copper pipe, which is a perfect fit, just need to cut that off now then do the other side, I should then have a working heater valve to keep as a spare, David.
P.S, I inserted the copper pipe the full depth of the hose tube.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S6005285.jpg (115.2 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg S6005286.jpg (156.7 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg S6005288.jpg (165.3 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg S6005289.jpg (247.2 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by 827Roverman; Mar 20th, 2020 at 12:05. Reason: more info
827Roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 827Roverman For This Useful Post: