View Single Post
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 13:02   #12
Sam Barker

I've always though that single webers were a bit pointless, as you say twin SUs do the business, I'm on them, and I think Snowman is too. If you've already got a set then get them rebuilt, if you don't then they'll probably be cheaper.

Single Webers supposed to give more torque due to air/fuel velocity being higher at lower revs vs. twin webers which give more top end power. I've had a lot of Alfas on twin Webers/Dellortos and they've been ace, although it was a factory fit so designed that way. I know other people that view fitting twins as a good way to make a noisey thirsty car that isn't faster.

I think any carb alteration needs to be treated as a whole with exhaust and camshaft changes to maximise everything.

My engine didn't rev beyond 4,000 very well till I stuck on a simonz exhaust, now it slows around 5,500. First time I'd ever seen anything as a real noticable improvement. Still got the 4 branch manifold to fit.

So, it's how much money do you have to burn? Think about s/h parts but be aware that a lot of old carbs are worn out and shagged, which is why they're for sale.
Sam Barker is offline   Reply With Quote