Thread: Engine: 2.3 F/Inj - ETM Removal
View Single Post
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 22:52   #11
Steve1564

Hi Guys....

Just done mine, Yes it is a pain to get out - removed the turbo pipe but not the rad, seems that a 7mm socket on a 1/4 drive ratchet is the easiest way to get the clips off, and Peter your right - Why do they route the cable behind the starter bracket!!! (loosen the 2 10mm & take out the 12mm & it pops out from behind)....

I remember when car repairs consisted of taking out the rotor arm and rubbing it on the pavement.....
and drove from leeds to portsmouth with shoelaces through the window as a throttle cable - "Now thats cruise control"!!

Also i wouldn't mind getting hold of the sod at volvo who cut all the cable ties at 45 deg!! it was like working through a barb wire fence - i look like i've stuck my hands in a bag of cats ! -

Replaced the pot with the sacer TPS - fairly easy job once you dremel all the green stuff out the way... Incedentally on test i get a deviation of 1.8 degrees between the 2 sensors ? its constant and well within the tollerance of the ETM - which i think is a fantasticlly well engineered unit let down by the position sensors - it would be interesting to see if these units have had any failures other than the pots.....

... waiting for the silicone to set & re-installing it tommrow, then i can start on the other issues!....

Steve

Last edited by Steve1564; Mar 19th, 2012 at 22:58.
Steve1564 is offline   Reply With Quote